In a letter to her husband, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Zelda wrote: "Life has puffed and blown itself into a summer day, and clouds and spring billow over the heavens as if calendars were a listing of mathematical errors.” And seemingly, just like that, summer feels like it's slipping by too fast! The days are already a blur and somehow, we're fast approaching the last week of July. Is anyone else's head spinning from this? I know mine is!
In effort to savor more of the summer days ahead, I wanted to hit publish on my seasonal bucket list, which admittedly, I'm a bit tardy on! Would love to know, what's on your summer to-do list?
- Book a room at Oheka Castle — after months of debating when the right time would be to visit, I'm finally going to stay there later in August! Stay tuned!
- Tackle a big styling project. I can't share too many details at the moment, but it'll be my largest styling project to date, so I'm excited for the chance to learn.
- Plan more picnics in Washington Square Park on Sundays — all the bands are out for the afternoon and it's lovely.
- Book a trip to visit both my parents in October.
- Visit the lavender fields out in East Marion (OK, to be fair, I already did this one!)
- Take Elvis to the beach.
- Attend a New York Film Festival screening.
- Plan a girls' night at American Bar.
- Track down the Just Like That crew while filming.
- Rent another classic car for future photoshoot at the end of summer.
- Take a long train ride up north.
- Surprise Ty with a weekend getaway for his birthday (if you're reading Ty, there are no spoilers here!).
- Bike across the Brooklyn Bridge. I've walked many times, but never biked.
- More spontaneous jazz club nights.
- And comedy club nights.
- Visit Martha's Vineyard.
- Read more in Jackson Square Park (such a quiet, secluded spot to sit and think).
- Go to the drive-in theater upstate.
- Create more video content — but in my own style.
- Plan a rooftop dinner.