As I type this, my window is open, rain pitter-pattering against the sill, thunder occasionally rumbling in the distance.
I have a candle lit, and the breeze coming in is cool and sweet. It was sunny and mild today, the perfect spring day in New York. It's days like this, in the city, that make you finally feel renewed, able to break out of winter's shell. You can relax your shoulders, breathe in deep, and settle into spring. Can you tell I'm so ready for this weather?!
In the spirit of relaxing summer rain, I've rounded up my favorite things from the past week for you to enjoy on this lovely Friday morning. I'll be wrapping up finals for my last semester ever (!) of college and welcoming family for graduation next week. Everything's a bit blurry right now, but I'm leaning into it. The sun hasn't hurt one bit.
- Hey New Yorkers! The best little pie shop in the city is now open in Brooklyn! Bring your mom for some strawberry rhubarb pie this weekend; she won't be disappointed.
- Okay, so, let's do this: The Met Ball. Thoughts? Opinions? Personally, I think Rihanna's look was incredible and Zendaya absolutely killed it! Also, definitely adding Heavenly Bodies to my list of must-see exhibits.
- Love 'em or hate 'em, the ending of this crazy tweet exchange between Kanye and John Legend had me laughing out loud.
- Glossier just released their first mascara — are you ordering it?
- Raise your hand if you love vintage pieces, but hate scouring for the best ones in the thrift store? *Guiltily raises hand* Me! This is my absolute favorite account for vintage shopping — she does all the amazing selects for you! Just make sure to DM quickly, because these pieces go fast!
- Kind of obsessed with this R29 series about NYC apartments. Got me thinking about the hunt…
- Love this last-minute Mother's Day gift guide.
- I just started Grace & Frankie on Netflix (I know, late to the party!) — what do you guys think? I literally would trade anything to look like either Jane Fonda or Lily Tomlin right now. Such incredible ladies!
That's all for now! Have a great weekend.