Hello from the British Virgin Islands!
It's Nora here, even though the byline here might state otherwise -- technical difficulties are always fun on vacation!
Krystal and I have spent the past week island-hopping around the BVI with The Moorings team - eating, drinking, and relaxing our way through the Caribbean. It's been incredible, and while we're looking forward to our own stable beds, we're sad to say goodbye to the crystal-clear waters and salty air.
Anyway, today is a travel day for us (see you soon, New York!) so let's keep it brief. Here's a list of things that've kept our heads above water this week.
- I've just started Sloane Crosley's Look Alive Out There and have been enjoying it so much. She's the author of I Was Told There'd Be Cake and tells hilarious short stories about her life in New York and beyond.
- Um, hello new Sweetgreen salad? I love Mexican elote, so this is where I'm headed right after the airport.
- Speaking of healthy treats, if you have a Pressed Juicery near you, you can grab a Dandelion Pear or Jalapeño Yuzu juice for free until the 11th!
- Outdoor Voices brought back the fan-favorite Hunter shade in their famous Warmup leggings and bra - make sure to grab the green hue before it sells out again!
- The Golden State Warriors bested the Cleveland Cavaliers in Game 3 of the NBA finals; Krystal was of course ecstatic, and while this Cavs fan is sorely disappointed, I'm keeping my hopes up for Game 4 tonight (that's what Clevelanders do best!). I can't wait to watch the game, I might even put a few bets on using an Indiana Sports Betting website. I've won a few bets in the past and I find it so fun!
- Krystal is gearing up to visit DC next week and I'm jealous she'll be at the Jefferson Hotel (their checkered lobby floor is the stuff Instagram dreams are made of!). If you're looking to visit our nation's capital this summer, grab yourself a room at The Jefferson as part of their summer package deal where you can book three nights for the price of two. Plus, if you haven't seen Hamilton yet (those tickets are hard to nab!), the tour has fittingly kicked off in DC, which may be a good excuse for a long weekend jaunt away.
- Read this incredible Bon Appetit article on America's favorite neighborhood restaurants. It includes local haunts of the likes of Alison Janney, David Remnick, and Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
- The devastating news of Kate Spade's suicide this week rocked more than the fashion world; as a woman who built her own company from the ground up, Kate was an icon and inspiration to so many. She will be greatly missed.