Let's all take a moment of silence here.
Why you ask? Well today marks the last official day of summer -- quite odd to note on a Monday, mind you, but I suppose that's Mother Nature for you. She beats to her own drum. As for yours truly? I'm knee-deep in unpacking at the moment -- perhaps quite fittingly, putting away all the summer dresses and swimsuits I wore in the Maldives this past week, literally and figuratively making room for fall.
As with the start of any new season, I love putting together my mini bucket list for the months ahead. A cheat sheet to all the things I hope to indulge in this time of year. Admittedly, I usually pay special attention to my fall bucket lists, because it just so happens to be my absolute favorite season here in NYC. I have quite a bit of travel coming up in the weeks ahead, so I'll need to be extremely mindful when we can sneak these activities in.
1. Bake a pumpkin pie with my guy. Didn't intend for that line to rhyme -- whoops!
2. Take a long weekend trip to New Orleans, ideally for Voodoo Fest.
3. Go pumpkin and apple picking, hopefully with Elvis again like last year.
4. Catch a New York Giants/Jets or Buffalo Bills football game.
5. Plan a few upstate road trips to catch the fall foliage.
6. Host a horror movie marathon with a few friends.
7. Attend The Angel's Share -- a concert series in Green-Wood Cemetery!
8. Attend the opening night of the New York Film Festival -- just have to figure out what to wear!
9. Head to Staten Island to hike through one of Greenbelt's trails, especially once the leaves start to turn.
10. Dress up for a fancy Halloween party.
What are you guys looking forward to the most about the season? Any fun bucket list activities?